From Our Files
3 months ago
From Our Files — July 26, 2019 – Fiddlehead Focus
Historic Part Of Grand Isle History -- A reader submitted this picture of a town landmark that was destroyed by fire in 1959. Called the Grand Isle Hotel, the building was built around 1902 by Dr. Lucien Lupien for a hospital.  In 1907 the building was purchased by Mrs. Vital Thibodeau. Shortly after, it became a boarder’s home, thus the name Grand Isle Hotel. Mrs. Thibodeau’s son Jos made an apartment building of the structure. Much later, the building was purchased by Philip Dionne, Sr. The hotel was located on the side of St. Gerard’s Church, the present parking lot. (SJVT contributed photo 1969)
Prev Page 1 Next