UMFK to begin reopening some facilities on June 1
FORT KENT, Maine — The University of Maine at Fort Kent announced Thursday that the campus will begin to reopen some of its spaces to the public beginning Tuesday, June 1.
Due to the pandemic and the guidelines laid out by the state of Maine and the University of Maine System over a year ago, UMFK shut its doors to the public to minimize infection to both the UMFK community and the St. John Valley community. As regulations have changed, so have the guidelines for opening the Sports Center and Blake Library doors.
Effective June 1, 2021, UMFK’s Sports Center is reopening for normal operations. Please note the following stipulations for the use of Sports Center facilities and equipment:
- Masks are mandatory and patrons must wear them at all times in the Sports Center.
- Community patrons must show proof of vaccination (Sports Center staff will record vaccination cards for future visits) or a negative COVID-19 test within the past seven days before each Sports Center use. Children 12 or under in the Sports Center with a parent or guardian are not required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within the past seven days.
- Community patrons with gym membership from March 1, 2020, to June 1, 2021, will receive a 14-month extension ending June 1st, 2022. They must show proof of membership to get an extension. Gym memberships expired after March 1, 2020, will be extended in proportion to the closing date of the Sports Center. Community patrons must have proof of gym membership before using the Sports Center. Those with no proof of membership must obtain a new membership.
Also effective June 1, 2021 is the reopening of UMFK’s Blake Library to the public. The following stipulations are in effect for access to the library.
- Staff will be asking for vaccination cards or negative testing results for the week accessing the library.
- The entrance to library is the Quad Entrance which faces Cyr Hall.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times while in the facility
A map and curbside service instructions are available at https://library.umfk.edu/about/staffhrs/.
For questions, library hours or other information, call either 834-7526 or 834-7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the Sports Center, call 834-7829.
UMFK officials thanked the public for observing these stipulations as well as their continued support.