Fort Kent firefighters respond to grass, stove fires
FORT KENT, Maine — Fort Kent volunteer firefighters have had a busy week so far.
About 8 a.m. on Monday, April 12, 10 Fort Kent firefighters along with one engine responded to a report of a grass fire at 30 Charette Hill Road. An electrical malfunction of a utility pole caused the 6-foot diameter grass fire, Fort Kent Fire Chief Ed Endee said.
A neighbor had put out the small grass fire by the time firefighters arrived.
On Tuesday, April 13, at about 1 p.m., 12 volunteer firefighters responded with three engines and the tower ladder to a report of a stovetop fire at a 19 Brookside Drive apartment.
A resident had burned a cooking pot.
“The damage was contained to the pot and we cleared out the smoke,” Chief Endee said. “There was no damage to the apartment.”