Edmundston under red zone of recovery plan
EDMUNDSTON, New Brunswick — As of midnight on Jan. 17, the City of Edmundston (part of Zone 4 Health Authority) is in the red zone of the New Brunswick government’s recovery plan.
To this effect, all sports and recreation facilities as well as the Arts Centre will be closed until further notice.
In addition, all municipal buildings are inaccessible to the public. Recreation programs offered at municipal facilities are suspended for the time being, but the cross-country ski and snowshoe trails at the Fraser-Edmundston Golf Club will remain accessible, ensuring that all instructions are followed.
The City’s Public Safety Answering Centre continues to monitor the situation in accordance with Public Health requirements and guidelines.
However, the Municipality wishes to reassure citizens that basic services will be maintained during this period:
- 911/Public Safety Communication;
- Drinking water, wastewater treatment and sewerage;
- Police and firefighter protection;
- Garbage collection;
- Road operations and snow removal;
- Critical traffic lights;
- Public Communications;
- Building Permits
These changes are effective until further notice.
You can still reach the municipality during normal hours by calling 506.739.2115, the Sports Pavilion at 506.739.2122 or the Arts Centre at 506.739.2127.
Compliance with public health guidelines
To ensure the health and safety of all, here is a reminder of the Public Health guidelines for the red phase:
- ONE household bubble
- Outdoor gatherings of 5 people or less with masks if distance is not possible
- Restaurants closed, except for take-out and delivery
- Gyms, spas, hairdressing salons closed
- Bars closed
- Places of worship closed
- Sports and recreation facilities closed
- Retail businesses remain open with an operational plan