Fort Kent Fire Department responds to report of smoking pellet stove
FORT KENT, Maine — Fort Kent firefighters responded 7 a.m. Thursday to a call about smoke at a family residence in the town.
A dozen volunteer firefighters, along with an engine and heavy rescue truck, went to the home of Mike and Sheri Albert at 100 Village Road.
The smoke emanated from a defective pellet stove, according to Fort Kent Fire Chief Ed Endee. The firefighters removed the pellet stove from the home and cleared the smoke from the scene.
There were no injuries to any people or pets and the smoke did not damage the home, Chief Endee said. The firefighters cleared the scene a half-hour after their arrival.