Top Stories

Fort Kent woman proves a tough competitor at Sunday River

FORT KENT, Maine — Tanya Bourgoin Jandreau, a commercial loan officer at Acadia Federal Credit Union, may not appear at first glance to be a highly trained athlete, but the 37 year-old mother of two proved she is exactly that when she participated in the Tough Mountain Challenge.

Jandreau came in second place out of 425 competitors in her age group and ninth place out of 1,441 Tough Mountain competitors on July 27 at Sunday River. 

The Tough Mountain Challenge is a four-mile-long obstacle course that involves running, crawling, and climbing.

Tanya Jandreau’s parents are Leroy and Violet Bourgoin of Fort Kent. 

“She’s been running for quite awhile now. She does the mountain bike and all kinds of stuff,” Violet Bourgoin said of her daughter. “I told her next time she decides to do something like (compete at Tough Mountain) to let me know because I want to be there to cheer her on.” 

Jandreau and her husband Travis Jandreau are the parents of sons Tristen, 9, and Garrett, 6.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.