St. John Valley

St. John Valley weather for August 14-20, 2019

ST. JOHN VALLEY, Maine — High pressure centered north of the Great Lakes this morning will build across the Valley today and tonight and center over the region tomorrow night before moving east.

A weak disturbance will move through Friday with considerable cloudiness and a chance for showers along with a slight chance for thunderstorms. An upper-level trough will slowly move through over the weekend keeping a chance for showers across the Valley for the period. A cold front approaches and moves through Sunday night and Monday with showers and a chance for thunderstorms. High pressure near the Great Lakes builds east Tuesday into midweek.

Daily Weather Summary 

Wednesday, August 14
Partly cloudy to mostly clear with a high around 70°F. West/northwest winds 0 to 5 mph gusting to around 10 mph. Tonight, partly cloudy to mostly clear with a low in the mid-to-upper 40s west to east across the County with some North Woods locations seeing colder readings. Northwest winds near calm.

Thursday, August 15
Partly cloudy with a high in the middle 70s. Northwest winds near calm. Thursday night, partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance for showers, mainly after midnight. Low in the lower 50s with north/northeast winds becoming southeasterly near calm.

Friday, August 16
Mostly cloudy with a 60 percent chance for showers and a slight chance for afternoon thunderstorms. High in the upper 60s with south/southeast winds 0 to 5 mph. Friday night, partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance for showers and a slight chance for thunderstorms. Low in the middle 50s with south winds 0 to 5 mph.

Saturday, August 17
Partly sunny to mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance for showers. High in the low 70s with south winds 0 to 5 mph. Saturday night, partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance for showers. Low in the middle 50s with south winds 0 to 5 mph.

Sunday, August 18
Partly cloudy to partly sunny with a high in the upper 70s and a 40 percent chance for showers and a chance for afternoon/evening thunderstorms. South winds 0 to 5 mph. Sunday night, partly cloudy with a 50 percent chance for showers and thunderstorms. Low in the lower 60s with south winds 0 to 5 mph.

Monday, August 19
Considerable cloudiness with a 50 percent chance for showers and thunderstorms. High near 80 with southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Monday night, partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance for showers. Low in the upper 50s with west winds 0 to 5 mph.

Tuesday, August 20
Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance for showers. High in the upper 70s with west winds 0 to 5 mph. Tuesday night, partly cloudy with a low in the lower 50s. West northwest winds 0 to 5 mph.

Note: Computer model precision diminishes the further into the week the forecast projects. Check the Fiddlehead Focus for weather updates with more current information.

The Week Ahead is the work of UMFK Professor Joseph E. Becker based on personal weather station data, various computer forecast models, and information that the National Weather Service, NOAA, and other weather resources provide.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.