City’s largest dinner party to return to Edmundston
EDMUNDSTON, New Brunswick — While Le Dîner en Blanc in Paris marked its 30 years in 2018, this year marks the seventh edition of Le Dîner en Blanc – Edmundston.
This elegant and secret affair has become foodie highlight of the year. On Friday, August 23, at a new secret location, more than 700 guests are awaited to dine and dance under the stars.
Participation in this unique event happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members from the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; and Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list. To get the opportunity to be part of the experience, people can sign up now at https://register.dinerenblanc.com/edmundston/en/register.
“The seventh edition of Le Dîner en Blanc – Edmundston promises to be magical and unforgettable. For the first time, the most elegant event of the summer will be held on a Friday, we hope that this new event day will encourage people to join the white wave for a memorable and unique evening,” said co-hosts Julie-Christine Ouellet and Jim Rice.
Every summer in cities around the world, thousands of people dressed entirely in white descend on a landmark public space with everything they need for an elegant soirée in tow, including folding table and chairs, gourmet picnic food, fine china, silverware and tablecloth. Over the course of the evening, the guests eat and celebrate amid live music and dancing. Many spend weeks in advance planning their menus and the white ensemble. The event offers the perfect occasion to express their unique fashion and design style.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at an assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring :
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
To keep up to date on event announcements, visit edmundston.dinerenblanc.com or DinerEnBlanc.Edmundston #dinerenblanc #debedmundston #debedmundston2019.