Salon de la forêt celebrates riches of the forest
EDMUNDSTON, New Brunswick — The University of Moncton, Edmundston Campus, School of Forestry announces the 30th Salon de la forêt will take place at the Palladium of St. Jacques May 3-5 with the theme “30th Adventure.”
As is tradition, and through the generous contributions of its major partners, admission will be free during the show.
The organizing committee will present a salon full of educational and entertaining activities for young and old. This year, over 50 exhibitors will be on hand with a variety of forest-related attractions. Various major activities are also planned, including:
- A competition of professional loggers sanctioned by the Maritime Lumberjack Association;
- The Zip Line with the forest master Corbeau;
- Discovery of world animals with Éducazoo;
- Children’s show with the Clopin Noodle and Mr. Nono;
- Evening with the Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA);
- Shooting activity with Edmundston Archers Club;
- Scout entertainment and games for children with the Scouts of St. Basil;
- The return of Chef Don with a surprise tasting.
There will be trout fishing, a Relay for Life benefit, tastings of maple products, face painting for children and a conference on FIRESMART: your home – is it protected against forest fires? Other features will include food carving with chainsaws, a demonstration of forestry equipment and a baby contest.
The 2018 organizing committee is composed of various forestry enthusiasts:
- Jean-Guy Beaulieu Bergeron and Melissa – public representatives
- Danny Bouchard – ALPA Equipment
- Karine Brideau – Acadian Timber
- Jason Cyr (Chair) – JD Irving Ltd.
- Sébastien Samson – JD Irving Ltd.
- Samuel Pelletier and Alexis Couturier – student representatives – School of Forestry, UMCE
- Jeff Levesque (Coordinator) – Research Forest, UMCE
- Anne-Lebrun Ruff – FPInnovations
- Yves O’Brien – Groupe Savoie
- Martine Marchand – Secretariat of Edmundston Youth
- and Lucie Levesque – Ministry of Development of energy and resources NB
The public is invited to visit the website ( www.salondelaforet.ca ) and Fair Facebook page to see the full program.