Apex Weather

St. John Valley weather for April 11-17

High pressure will bring partly cloudy skies to the Valley Wednesday morning. A weak disturbance will bring increased clouds and a chance for afternoon rain showers and evening snow showers later Wednesday. High pressure builds in briefly Thursday morning before clouds thicken as a fast-moving low from the Great Lakes zips across the region with rain showers Thursday afternoon mixing with snow showers overnight. A cold front moves through with the low, bringing a period of snow/snow showers Friday morning that taper to rain showers in the afternoon.

A frontal boundary is expected to set up somewhere across New England over the weekend with cold air northwards and milder air to the south bringing a chance for snow showers Saturday through early Monday changing to rain Monday afternoon. Snow showers Monday night change back to rain Tuesday followed by snow showers Tuesday night.

Daily Weather Summary

Wednesday, April 11: High: 43. Low: 29. Day: Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance for rain showers in the afternoon. South winds 0 to 5 mph. Night: Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance for snow showers. South winds 0 to 5 mph.

Thursday, April 12: High: 46. Low: 32. Day: Partly sunny in the morning becoming mostly cloudy in the afternoon. Chance for precipitation 50 percent. South winds 0 to 5 mph. Night: Cloudy with an 80 percent chance for rain and snow. Accumulations of one inch or less possible. South wind 0 to 5 mph.

Friday, April 13: High: 47. Low: 28. Day: Cloudy in the morning with a chance for snow then becoming partly sunny with a chance for rain showers in the afternoon. Chance for precipitation 20 percent. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Night: Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance for rain and snow showers. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday, April 14: High: 38. Low: 20. Day: Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance for snow showers mixing with rain in the afternoon Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Night: Partly clear with a 20 percent chance for snow. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday, April 15: High: 36. Low: 26. Day: Partly sunny in the morning then mostly cloudy in the afternoon. A 30 percent chance for morning snow changing to rain in the afternoon/evening. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Night: Cloudy with a 40 percent chance for snow with some accumulation possible. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Monday, April 16: High: 44. Low: 32. Day: Overcast with a 60 percent chance for morning snow changing to rain in the afternoon. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Night: Cloudy with a 40 percent chance for rain before midnight then rain/snow showers after midnight. East/southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tuesday, April 17: High: 42. Low: 30. Day: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance for snow showers in the morning changing to rain showers in the afternoon. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.  Night: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance for rain showers changing to snow showers in the evening. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Note: Computer model precision diminishes the further into the week the forecast projects. Check the Fiddlehead Focus for weather updates with more current information.

The Week Ahead is the work of UMFK Professor Joseph E. Becker based on personal weather station data, various computer forecast models, and information that the National Weather Service, NOAA, and other weather resources provide.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.