Tremblay sets new record for Eagle Lake 100
EAGLE LAKE, Maine - Officials announced Sunday morning that Denis Tremblay completed the Eagle Lake 100 in nine hours and two minutes, taking first place in the first dog sled race of the season in the St. John Valley.
This finish beats Matt Carstens record of nine hours and 17 minutes, which he set in 2007.
Ren Marchildon came in two minutes after Tremblay's time, placing second.
Martin Massicotte, the 2009 winner, placed thrid with a time of nine hours and 52 minutes.
Support Community Journalism
THIS WEEK'S POLL
- LePage Needs To Be Investigated.
9 hours 4 min ago
1 day 6 hours ago
- VOTES YES
3 days 2 hours ago
3 days 5 hours ago
3 days 18 hours ago
- d & D
4 days 7 hours ago
- Wouldn't Doubt Anything from LePage
4 days 10 hours ago
- I totally agree. It's time
4 days 13 hours ago
- Another Theatre, Another Shooting, 2 Dead 7 wounded
4 days 15 hours ago
- Voters approve 2015-2016 MSAD No. 27 proposed budget; Doak resig
4 days 16 hours ago