Making the starting track for the Can-Am Crown (video)
FORT KENT - Every year, a wide track of snow appears, as if by magic, down Main Street in Fort Kent, Maine, just in time for one of the most amazing sporting events in Aroostook County.
As many as 90 mushers will travel down the track on sleds which teams of dogs pull in the Annual Can-Am Crown Sled Dog Races. This video, which Zack Thibodeau shot, shows part of how that temporary ribbon of snow manages to appear every year.
Support Community Journalism
THIS WEEK'S POLL
- Companies lose billions buying back their own stock
6 hours 29 min ago
13 hours 53 min ago
- The NRA is 84x more deadly to Americans than Al-Qaeda. It's time
1 day 14 hours ago
- I was merely being sarcastic!
1 day 16 hours ago
2 days 31 min ago
- Had to Chuckle a Bit Senator Collins
3 days 7 hours ago
3 days 11 hours ago
3 days 18 hours ago
- Idea for New GOP Gun Law: FREE Guns for all Newly Released Felon
4 days 4 hours ago
- U S pellets
1 week 3 hours ago