Making the starting track for the Can-Am Crown (video)
FORT KENT - Every year, a wide track of snow appears, as if by magic, down Main Street in Fort Kent, Maine, just in time for one of the most amazing sporting events in Aroostook County.
As many as 90 mushers will travel down the track on sleds which teams of dogs pull in the Annual Can-Am Crown Sled Dog Races. This video, which Zack Thibodeau shot, shows part of how that temporary ribbon of snow manages to appear every year.
Support Community Journalism
THIS WEEK'S POLL
- What is going on lately????
3 hours 34 min ago
- Gov LePage Faces Possible Impeachment!
6 hours 13 min ago
2 days 8 hours ago
- worth the $50,000????
3 days 8 hours ago
- Maine Gov LeP Accused Of Threatening To Shoot A Cartoonist And E
3 days 19 hours ago
- Yikes 2! A Republican in the Making!
3 days 21 hours ago
- Obamacare is Now the Law Of The Land!
4 days 5 min ago
4 days 1 hour ago
- ACA Subsidies Constitutional - SCOTUS rules 6-3 in Favor!
4 days 7 hours ago
- Just click on link...
4 days 21 hours ago