Free

St. John Valley Weather for June 12-18, 2019

ST. JOHN VALLEY, Maine — High pressure over the Mid-Atlantic region today will move east into the Atlantic tonight. Low pressure in the Upper Ohio Valley will track into Canada lifting an occluded front towards the region Thursday and Friday producing rain Thursday night tapering to showers Friday. Showers linger Saturday as the system moves into the Maritimes. An upper-trough slowly moves through eastern Canada and New England this weekend keeping the weather over the Valley unsettled with a chance for showers Saturday through Monday along with considerable cloudiness that begins to diminish early next week.

Daily Weather Summary

Wednesday, June 12
Mostly clear with a high in the lower 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph gusting to 25 mph at times shift to the west this afternoon. Tonight, mostly clear with a low in the upper 40s. West winds 0 to 5 mph.

Thursday, June 13
Partly cloudy in the morning then partly sunny in the afternoon with a 20 percent chance for rain in the late afternoon. High in the  mid-70s with south winds increasing to 5 to 10 mph. Thursday night, becoming cloudy with an 80 percent chance for rain with between 1/4 and 1/2 inch precipitation possible. Low near 50 with southeast winds 5 to 15 mph.

Friday, June 14
Overcast with a 70 percent chance for showers with between 1/4 and 1/2 inch possible. High in the mid-60s with southeast winds becoming southerly 5 to 10 mph. Friday night, mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance for showers. Low near 50 with southwest winds 0 to 7 mph.

Saturday, June 15
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance for showers. High in the upper 60s with southwest winds 0 to 7 mph. Saturday night, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance for showers. Low in the lower 50s with light south winds.

Sunday, June 16
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance for showers. High in the low 70s with southwest winds 0 to 7 mph. Sunday night, partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance for showers. Low in the lower 50s with south winds 0 to 7 mph.

Monday, June 17
Partly sunny/cloudy with a high in the low 70s. Chance for showers 40 percent. South winds 0 to 7 mph. Monday night, partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance for showers. Low in the lower 50s. South winds 0 to 7 mph.

Tuesday, June 18
Partly sunny/cloudy with a 30 percent chance for showers. High in the low 70s with west winds 0 to 7 mph. Tuesday night, partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance for showers. Low in the lower 50s. Light west/northwest winds.

Note: Computer model precision diminishes the further into the week the forecast projects. Check the Fiddlehead Focus for weather updates with more current information.

The Week Ahead is the work of UMFK Professor Joseph E. Becker based on personal weather station data, various computer forecast models, and information that the National Weather Service, NOAA, and other weather resources provide.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.