Free

St. John Valley weather: May 15-21, 2019

ST. JOHN VALLEY, Maine — An upper-level low pressure and surface low in the eastern Gulf of Maine will move into the Maritimes Wednesday. Showers mixing with some wet snowflakes Wednesday morning will continue into the late afternoon hours before tapering off. Mostly cloudy skies Wednesday night with a slight chance for showers Thursday morning will give way to partly cloudy skies tomorrow night into Friday morning. Another low-pressure system will bring a chance for showers Friday night and Saturday. Showers linger Saturday with partly sunny to partly cloudy skies expected Sunday. A low-pressure system will bring a chance for showers Monday afternoon through Tuesday.

Daily Weather Summary

Wednesday, May 15
Cloudy with a 60 percent chance for showers with between 1/10 and 2/10 of an inch possible. High in the middle 40s with northeast winds becoming northerly in the 5 to 10 mph range. Tonight, cloudy with a 20 percent chance for rain showers early Thursday. Low in the mid-30s with northwest winds 0 to 5 mph.

Thursday, May 16
Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance for showers, mainly in the morning. High in the low 50s with north/northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Thursday night, partly cloudy with a slight chance for precipitation. Lows in the mid-30s with northwest winds near calm.

Friday, May 17
Partly cloudy in the morning then increasing clouds in the afternoon with a 40 percent chance for showers. A couple hundredths of an inch expected by Friday evening. High near 60 with south/southeast winds 0 to 5 mph. Friday night, cloudy with a 60 percent chance for showers. Low in the lower 40s with light east winds.

Saturday, May 18
Cloudy with a 50 percent chance for showers tapering off in the evening. High in the middle 50s with light north winds. Saturday night, mostly cloudy then becoming partly cloudy. Low in the upper 30s with light northwest winds.

Sunday, May 19
Partly cloudy with a high in the upper 50 and light northwest winds. Sunday night, partly cloudy with a slight chance for showers. Low in the upper 30s with light northwest winds.

Monday, May 20
Partly sunny early then mostly cloudy with a 60 percent chance for showers. High in the low 60s with light north winds. Monday night, mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance for showers. Low in the lower 40s with light southeast winds.

Tuesday, May 21
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance for showers. High in the low 60s with light west winds. Tuesday night, considerable cloudiness with a slight chance for showers. Low in the lower 40s with light northwest winds.

Note: Computer model precision diminishes the further into the week the forecast projects. Check the Fiddlehead Focus for weather updates with more current information.

The Week Ahead is the work of UMFK Professor Joseph E. Becker based on personal weather station data, various computer forecast models, and information that the National Weather Service, NOAA, and other weather resources provide.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.