Valley Unified Regional Service Center board to meet Aug. 23
The first meeting of the Board of Directors for the Valley Unified Regional Service Center will be held at 6 p.m. on Thursday, August 23, 2018, at the St. John Valley Technology Center in Frenchville.
Citizens in the audience are invited to speak during public comment and/or on a topic that is introduced during the course of the meeting under New Business. Each citizen is to be limited to one presentation, per citizen, per topic, of not more than three minutes. Audience participation shall cease on a topic at such time as the chairman calls for board discussion.
The agenda follows.
- CALL TO ORDER
The meeting shall be called to order by Benjamin Sirois, who shall preside pro tem, until such time as a Board President is elected.
- ROLL CALL
- ADJUSTMENTS TO AGENDA
- NEW BUSINESS
- Adoption of Rules of Procedure
- Election of Officers
- Election of Chair
- Election of Treasurer
iii. Election of Secretary
- Election of any other officers the Board of Directors deems useful or necessary
- VURSC Administration
- Selection of Executive Director (7/9 vote of full Board required)
- Selection of Fiscal Agent and Employer
- Approval of VURSC Board Meetings for 2018-19
- Adoption of Policies
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- Overview of Interlocal Agreement
- Regional Service Center Direct State Funding
- Regional Pilot School Update and Information
- FEDES III Update and Information
- Regional Service Center Advisory Committee
- Valley Unified Administrator Reports
- COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC – Public comment will be entertained on specific business items prior to Board discussion of all new business except on items related to individual employment decisions.
- MOTION TO ADJOURN