Top Stories

Eagle Lake business will transport customers to “Cloud 9”

EAGLE LAKE, Maine — Cloud 9 Salon and Spa is open for business in Eagle Lake.

Proprietor Ronda Dionne is a licensed massage therapist who also works full-time at Northern Maine Medical Center. Along with Dionne’s massage services, Cloud 9 offers tanning, hair styling, manicures, waxing, essential oil products and health education.

Dionne graduated from the University of Maine at Fort Kent in 2000 with a bachelor of science degree in business management and said she is proud of the nearly two decades she has worked at NMMC. She started out in the finance department and is now materials manager.

“They have treated me well and I have the utmost respect for management as well as my peers,” Dionne said. “I love my job, coworkers and patients and do not plan on leaving the hospital.”

Ronda Dionne’s granddaughter, Laurissa has her hair styled at Cloud 9 Salon in Spa in Eagle Lake.
(Jessica Potila)

Dionne said she has long dreamed of opening her own full-service salon which offers affordable rates to customers.

“Helping people and getting that feedback knowing that I have given something to them that they enjoy and has actually helped means more to me than money could ever buy. It’s an internal satisfaction,” she said. “I want everybody to have the opportunity to enjoy what a salon and spa offers.”

Still, she acknowledges that there is no guarantee a new business will find success.

“It’s a big step to take and a lot of chances and possibilities that it may not work but the feedback I’ve gotten has been so positive that it makes me feel like I should help more people,” she said.

Tracy Caron of Fort Kent has been a client of Dionne’s for years.

“I have a massage every time I go on vacation- Portland, New Hampshire, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Canada and no one has the same touch that she has,” Caron said of Dionne. “There’s a feel that you can tell she loves what she does.”

The hardworking mother of five said that she appreciates the support of her family.

“I would like to say that without my family’s support and understanding I could not have done this,” Dionne said.  “They have been extremely patient throughout the whole process starting with me attending school to become a therapist. They have encouraged me … to fulfill my dream. A huge thank you goes out to my children.”

Dionne is also grandmother to 10 children, ranging in age from 4 months to 15 years.

“They come before anything else,” she said.

Dionne offers various types of massage, which she said can relieve stress, reduce anxiety, manage back pain, ease symptoms of depression, lower blood pressure and relieve headaches.

Massage hours are Monday through Friday from 4:30 p.m. until 9 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Sunday by appointment.

Beautician Dacee Gagnon will be available beginning Sept. 7 on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, at hours yet to be determined.  

The business is located in downtown Eagle Lake at 3308 Aroostook Road. For more information about Cloud 9 Salon and Spa call (207) 444-9074 or email

cloud9eaglelakemaine@gmail.com.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.