Apex Weather

St. John Valley weather for June 20-26, 2018

A cold front will cross the Valley Wednesday evening, bringing some shower activity as it moves through. Canadian high pressure builds in Thursday with cooler temperatures. High pressure moves east later Friday and Saturday with warmer temperatures across the Valley. A low-pressure system brings a chance of rain Sunday with showers lingering into Monday. Partly cloudy skies are expected later Monday through Tuesday.  

The Summer Solstice occurs at 6:07 AM ET Thursday, June 21.

Daily Weather Summary

Wednesday, June 20: High: 74. Low: 42. Day: Partly sunny skies in the morning become mostly cloudy in the afternoon with a 60 percent chance for showers. Precipitation totals less than one-tenth inch expected. West winds expected in the 10- to 15-mph range. Night: Partly cloudy to mostly clear skies with northwest winds around 5 mph expected.

Thursday, June 21: High: 62. Low: 42. Day: Mostly clear skies with northwest winds around 10 mph. Night: Mostly clear to partly cloudy with west winds 5 to 10 mph.

Friday, June 22: High: 76. Low: 52. Day: Partly cloudy with west winds 10 to 15 mph. Night: Mostly clear with southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday, June 23: High: 80. Low: 55. Day: Mostly clear early then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Night: Increasing clouds with a 50 percent chance for showers. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday, June 24: High: 67. Low: 47. Day: Mostly cloudy early then cloudy in the afternoon with a 60 percent chance for showers. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Night: Cloudy early then mostly cloudy after midnight with a 40 percent chance for showers. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Monday, June 25: High: 67. Low: 48. Day: Mostly cloudy early then partly cloudy in the afternoon. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Night: Partly cloudy to mostly clear with northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tuesday, June 26: High: 75. Low: 52. Day: Partly cloudy and warm with northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Night: Partly cloudy with west winds 5 to 10 mph.

Note: Computer model precision diminishes the further into the week the forecast projects. Check the Fiddlehead Focus for weather updates with more current information.

The Week Ahead is the work of UMFK Professor Joseph E. Becker based on personal weather station data, various computer forecast models, and information that the National Weather Service, NOAA, and other weather resources provide.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.