Apex Weather

St. John Valley weather for June 13-19, 2018

Daily Weather Summary
A low-pressure system north of the Great Lakes will slide along a cold front and cross the Valley Wednesday night into Thursday morning with a chance for showers and possibly some thunderstorms and locally heavy rainfall. High pressure will build into the region Friday and control the Valley’s weather through the weekend with near seasonal temperatures and mostly sunny skies. A frontal system brings a chance for showers Sunday night and Monday. High pressure brings partly cloudy skies Tuesday.

Wednesday, June 13: High: 67. Low: 47. Day: Clouds increase in the morning with skies becoming overcast by the afternoon with a 70 percent chance for showers and possibly some afternoon/evening thunderstorms. Rainfall totals between one-tenth and one-quarter inch with locally higher amounts possible. North/northeast winds 0 to 5 mph. Night: Cloudy with a near 100 percent chance for showers and possibly some thunderstorms. Rainfall totals around one-inch with locally higher amounts are possible. East winds 10 to 15 mph expected.

Thursday, June 14: High: 52. Low: 41. Day: Cloudy and cool with a 70 percent chance for showers with around one-quarter inch rain possible. North/northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Night: Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance for showers and along with northwest winds in the 5 to 10 mph range.

Friday, June 15: High: 72. Low: 48. Day: Skies become partly cloudy with northwest winds 10 to 15 mph expected. Night: Skies become mostly clear. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday, June 16: High: 75. Low: 49. Day: Mostly clear skies with northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Night: Mostly clear with winds become southwesterly 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday, June 17: High: 79. Low: 56. Day: Mostly clear in the morning then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Southwest winds 0 to 15 mph. Night: Skies become mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance for showers. Southwest winds 0 to 8 mph.

Monday, June 18: High: 74. Low: 52. Day: Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance for showers. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Night: Considerable cloudiness with a 20 percent chance for showers. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tuesday, June 19: High: 70. Low: 51. Day: Partly cloudy with northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Night: Partly cloudy to mostly clear with west winds around 5 mph.

Note: Computer model precision diminishes the further into the week the forecast projects. Check the Fiddlehead Focus for weather updates with more current information.

The Week Ahead is the work of UMFK Professor Joseph E. Becker based on personal weather station data, various computer forecast models, and information that the National Weather Service, NOAA, and other weather resources provide.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.