Apex Weather

St. John Valley weather for March 28-April 3

A decaying front will approach the Valley early Wednesday, bringing clouds and a chance for snow Wednesday morning. Skies become partly cloudy by Wednesday afternoon. Clouds increase Thursday as a low-pressure system moves towards the region from the southwest, with rain overnight into Friday tapering to rain showers Friday afternoon. Partly sunny to partly cloudy skies with cooler temperatures are expected over the weekend with a chance for snow showers Saturday through Monday as weak disturbances move across the SJV. Mostly cloudy skies Tuesday become overcast later in the day with a chance for snow showers.

Daily Weather Summary

Wednesday, March 28: High: 43. Low: 25. Day: Mostly cloudy in the morning with a slight chance for snow. Becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon. East winds near calm become north near calm. Night: Partly cloudy and cold with north winds near calm.

Thursday, March 29: High: 45. Low: 33. Day: Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance for rain, mainly in the evening. South winds 0 to 5 mph. Night: Cloudy with a 70 percent chance for rain. Between one-tenth and one-twentieth an inch rainfall possible. South winds 0 to 5 mph.

Friday, March 30: High: 45. Low: 26. Day: Overcast with a 70 percent chance for rain showers. Rainfall between one-quarter and one-half inch possible. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Night: Considerable cloudiness with a 20 percent chance for snow showers. Decreasing clouds after midnight. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Saturday, March 31: High: 40. Low: 24. Day: Partly cloudy to partly sunny with a 20 percent chance for snow showers. West/northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Night: Partly clear with a 20 percent chance for snow showers. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday, April 1: High: 38. Low: 23. Day: Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance for snow showers. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Night: Partly clear with a 20 percent chance for snow showers. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Monday, April 2: High: 35. Low: 20. Day: Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance for snow showers. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Night: Mostly cloudy early then partly cloudy after midnight. West/northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tuesday, April 3: High: 37. Low: 22. Day: Partly cloudy with increasing clouds in the evening with a 30 percent chance for snow showers in the evening. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.  Night: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance for snow showers overnight. West/southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Note: Computer model precision diminishes the further into the week the forecast projects. Check the Fiddlehead Focus for weather updates with more current information.

The Week Ahead is the work of UMFK Professor Joseph E. Becker based on personal weather station data, various computer forecast models, and information that the National Weather Service, NOAA, and other weather resources provide.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.