Top Stories

Firefighters contain chimney fire, sparing home

FORT KENT, Maine — Firefighters were able to contain a chimney fire, sparing damage to a Fort Kent residence on Saturday.

A partially blocked chimney caused the fire that was reported at 312 South Perley Brook Road shortly after 3 p.m., according to Fire Chief Ed Endee of the Fort Kent Fire Department.

He said 15 volunteer firefighters responded with three engines, the tower ladder and heavy rescue vehicle.

“We cleaned the chimney, cleaned out the stove and ventilated the building,” Endee said.

There was no damage to the home, the chief said, and nobody was injured as a result of the fire.

The firefighters cleared the scene at 3:48 p.m.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.