Firefighters stop chimney fire from spreading to home
CROSS LAKE TWP — More than a dozen firefighters from North Lakes Fire and Rescue worked together late Wednesday night to prevent a chimney fire from spreading inside a home on Connection Lane, according to Deputy Fire Chief John Gibson.
The homeowner reported the fire at about 11:30 p.m.
There were no injuries reported, despite the cold temperatures and icy conditions.
Gibson said the fire was limited to the chimney. Firefighters made sure it had not spread to any adjacent walls or hidden spaces.
There was no smoke or other damage inside the home.
North Lakes responded with two trucks and 14 firefighters. Ambulance Service inc. of Fort Kent also responded.
Crews left the scene at about 12:45 a.m.