SAD 27 board to meet Dec. 4
FORT KENT, Maine — The 828th meeting of the directors of SAD 27 will be held at 6 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 4, in the Superintendent’s Conference Room at Community High School.
Citizens in the audience are invited to speak during public comment and/or on a topic that is introduced during the course of the meeting under New Business. Each citizen is to be limited to one presentation, per citizen, per topic, of not more than three minutes. Audience participation shall cease on a topic at such time as the chairman calls for board discussion.
- CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
- ADJUSTMENTS TO AGENDA
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- 826th meeting, Nov. 3, 2017
- 827th meeting, Nov. 7, 2017
- APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT
- October 2017 Financial Statement
- MSAD27 Enrollment Data
- Aroostook County Legislative Forum
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges Accreditation Extension
- Bus Accident
- Administrator’s Reports
- ITEMS FOR INFORMATION
- New Hires: Middle School Boys B-Team Basketball Coach Early Childhood Assistant – CHIPPY
- Current Openings:
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Second Read of policy ADC: Tobacco Free School Policy
- Second Read of Policy JICJ: Student Use of Electronic Devices
- Second Read of Policy EBCD: School Closings and Cancellations
- School Withdrawal
- COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC
Public comment will be entertained on specific business items prior to Board discussion of all new business except on items related to individual employment decisions.
- NEW BUSINESS
- First Read of Policy GCSA-S, Social Media
- 2016-17 Audit Report
- 2018, 2019, 2020 Substitute Teacher Rate of Pay
- St. John Valley Regional School Calendar
- District Class Sizes and Plans for 2018-19
- To consider an executive session to hear complaints against a person or persons, pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. §405(6)(A).
- To consider an executive session regarding pending litigation, pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A §405(6)(E).
- To consider an executive session to conduct the annual evaluation of the Superintendent, pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. §405(6)(A).
- MOTION TO ADJOURN