Apex Weather

St. John Valley weather for November 15-21

Canadian high pressure will bring mostly sunny skies Wednesday. Clouds increase Wednesday evening as a frontal system approaches from the Great Lakes bringing a chance for snow showers after midnight into early Thursday. Snow changes to rain for a period Thursday before changing back to snow showers Thursday night. Snow showers linger Friday with skies partially clearing in the evening. Partly cloudy skies Saturday morning give way to increasing clouds Saturday evening as another low pressure system approaches. Saturday night and Sunday see a chance for snow that tapers to snow showers Sunday night. Monday remains mostly cloudy with a chance for snow showers. Partly cloudy skies are expected Tuesday as high pressure builds across the region. Clouds increase Tuesday night ahead of an approaching warm front.

Daily Weather Summary

Wednesday, November 15: High: upper 30s. Low: mid-20s. Day: Mostly sunny with north winds 0-5 mph. Night: Increasing clouds with snow showers after midnight. Chance for precipitation is 60 percent. North winds become easterly 0-5 mph.

Thursday, November 16: High: upper 30s. Low: mid-20s. Day: Cloudy with a 70 percent chance for rain and snow showers. Less than one inch snow accumulation expected. South winds 5-10 mph. Night: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance for snow showers. Northwest winds 5-10 mph.

Friday, November 17: High: upper 20s. Low: mid-10s. Day: Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance for snow showers. Northwest winds 10-15 mph.  Night: Partly cloudy to mostly clear with northwest winds 0-5 mph.

Saturday, November 18: High: low 30s. Low: upper 20s. Day: Increasing clouds with a 30 percent chance for snow in the afternoon. East winds 5-10 mph. Night: Cloudy with an 80 percent chance for snow. Accumulations 1-3 inches possible. Southeast winds 10-15 mph.

Sunday, November 19: High: mid-30s Low: low 20s. Day: Overcast with a 60 percent chance for snow mixing with rain in the afternoon. Accumulations 1-3 inches possible. Southeast winds become southwesterly 5-10 mph. Night: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance for snow showers. West winds 10-15 mph.

Monday, November 20: High: upper 20s. Low: upper 10s. Day: Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance for snow showers. West winds 10-15 mph. Night: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance for snow showers. Around 1 inch of accumulation possible. Southwest winds 5-10 mph.

Tuesday, November 21: High: low 30s. Low: upper 10s. Day: Mostly cloudy in the morning then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Southwest winds 10-15 mph. Night: Mostly cloudy with southwest winds 5-10 mph.

Note: Computer model precision diminishes the further into the week the forecast projects. Check the Fiddlehead Focus for weather updates with more current information.

The Week Ahead is the work of UMFK Professor Joseph E. Becker based on personal weather station data, various computer forecast models, and information that the National Weather Service, NOAA, and other weather resources provide.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.