SAD 27 board plans meeting Oct. 2
FORT KENT, Maine — The 825th meeting of the Directors of MSAD No. 27 will be held at 5:45 P.M. on Monday, October 2, 2017 in the Superintendent’s Conference Room at Community High School.
Citizens in the audience are invited to speak during public comment and/or on a topic that is introduced during the course of the meeting under New Business. Each citizen is to be limited to one presentation, per citizen, per topic, of not more than three minutes. Audience participation shall cease on a topic at such time as the chairman calls for board discussion.
- CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
- ADJUSTMENTS TO AGENDA
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- 824rd meeting, September 11, 2017
- 2016-17 MEA Results
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- School Closure –Letter Response for Date Extension for ELES
- Update on transfer of ownership of Wallagrass Elementary to the town of Wallagrass
- Project RISE
- Second Read of Policy BDG: School Attorney/Legal Services
- Second Read of Policy IHB: Child Find
- Second Read of Policy IHBA: Referral and General Education Interventions
- Second Read of Policy IHBA-R: Referral Procedures and General Education Interventions
- Second Read of Policy JJI: Philosophy of Athletics
- Second Read of Policy JJI-R: Athletic Guidelines and Dispute Resolution
- Second Read of Policy JICI: Extracurricular Code of Conduct
- Second Read of Policy JKAA: Use of Physical Restraint and Seclusion
- Second Read of Policy JKAA-R: Procedures on Physical Restraint and Seclusion
- COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC
Public comment will be entertained on specific business items prior to Board discussion of all new business except on items related to individual employment decisions.
- REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL APPLICATION UPDATE @ 6:30pm
Collaborative informational presentation to the Board of Directors from MSAD27, MSAD33, and Madawaska School Department.
- MOTION TO ADJOURN