Apex Weather

SJV Weather for Monday, June 19, to Tuesday, June 27, 201

Warm and humid air will be spread across the region Monday as a cold front slowly moves towards the region, bringing plenty of rainfall and some thunderstorms to the area, resulting in a flash flood advisory across the Valley from Monday afternoon through early Tuesday morning. Mostly cloudy to overcast skies continue Tuesday with showers and another round of afternoon/evening thunderstorms possible as the cold front slowly slides east of the region. Some storms may produce heavy rain and strong winds.

Partial clearing is expected Wednesday, though showers and thunderstorms remain a possibility thanks to an upper trough across the region. High pressure brings a respite from rainfall Thursday with mild temperatures and partly cloudy skies across the SJV. Another front brings a chance for rain and thunderstorms Friday through Saturday with mostly cloudy to partly sunny skies expected. Another break in rainy weather is expected Sunday with another storm system arriving Sunday night and Monday.

Daily Weather Summary

Monday, June 19: High: near 80. Low: low 60s.

Mostly cloudy, warm, and humid with an 80 percent chance for showers and thunderstorms with between one-quarter and one-half inch rainfall possible. Southwest winds 5-10 mph. Overnight, mostly cloudy and humid with an 80 percent chance for showers and thunderstorms. Between one-quarter and one-half inch rain possible. South/southwest winds 0-5 mph.

Tuesday, June 20: High: mid-70s. Low: upper 50s.

Cloudy with a 60 percent chance for showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may be strong to severe with heavy rain and strong winds. Around one-tenth an inch rain possible with greater amounts in thunderstorms. Southwest winds 5-10 mph. Overnight, becoming partly clear with a 40 percent chance for showers with less than one-tenth inch expected. Southwest winds 5-10 mph.

Wednesday, June 21: High: low 70s. Low: low 50s.

Summer solstice occurs at 12:24 am EDT. Partly sunny with a 50 percent chance for showers and afternoon thunderstorms. Less than one-tenth inch rainfall expected with more possible in thunderstorms. Winds become westerly around 10 mph. Overnight, skies become partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance for showers. West winds 0-7 mph.

Thursday, June 22: High:  low 70s. Low: mid-50s.

Partly cloudy and mild with a 10 percent chance for precipitation. West winds 8-14 mph. Overnight, becoming mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance for showers. Southwest winds 0-7 mph.

Friday, June 23: High: low 70s. Low: upper 50s.

Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance for showers and afternoon/evening thunderstorms. Southwest winds 8-14 mph. Overnight, mostly cloudy with a chance for showers and thunderstorms. Southwest winds 0-7 mph.

Saturday, June 24: High: low-to-mid-70s. Low: low 50s.

Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly sunny in the afternoon with a 40 percent chance for showers. West winds 8-14 mph. Overnight, skies become partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance for showers. West winds 0-7 mph.

Sunday, June 25: High: low 70s. Low:  lower 50s.

Partly cloudy in the morning then partly sunny in the afternoon with a 20 percent chance for showers. West winds 0-7 mph. Overnight, becoming mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance for showers. South/southwest winds 0-7 mph.

Monday, June 26: High: upper 60s. Low: upper 40s

During the day, mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance for showers and some afternoon/evening thunderstorms. Less than one-tenth inch precipitation expected with more possible in any thunderstorms. West winds 5-10 mph. Overnight, partial clearing with a 20 percent chance for showers with less than one-tenth inch anticipated. Light southwest winds.

Tuesday, June 27: High: near 70. Low: near 50

Day: Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance for showers and afternoon thunderstorms. Light south winds. Overnight: Partly clear with a 30 percent chance for showers. Light southwest winds.

Note: Computer model precision diminishes the further into the week the forecast projects. Check the Fiddlehead Focus for weather updates with more current information.

The Week Ahead is the work of UMFK Professor Joseph E. Becker based on personal weather station data, various computer forecast models, and information that the National Weather Service, NOAA, and other weather resources provide.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.