Top Stories

Frenchville firefighters cross the street to douse the flames

FRENCHVILLE, Maine — It was a short trip to the scene of a fire for the Frenchville Fire Department on Friday, March 3, when the station received a call of a fire at an apartment at 286 Frenchville Road, directly across the street from the fire house.

The fire, according to a firefighter on the scene, started when items in a clothes dryer ignited at approximately 2:30 p.m..

The fire department responded quickly with an ambulance and a fire engine, both of which had to travel almost 200 feet to reach the scene of the fire. One of the first responders directed traffic, reducing the two-lane road down to a single lane, while other firefighters entered the home and extinguished the flames.

Damage was minimal, and by 2:50, crews had put out the fire, and they were clearing the scene.

No one reported any injuries, and the building received minimal damage, according to a firefighter on the scene.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.