Apex Weather

St. John Valley Weather for Tuesday, Feb. 7-Sunday, Feb. 12, 2017

High pressure will move east with clouds increasing Tuesday afternoon ahead of the next storm system to affect the area. Snow is expected to start Tuesday evening and continue through the overnight hours into Wednesday evening before tapering to snow shower that linger to Thursday afternoon with around 4-8 inches of snow is possible. High pressure partly clear to partly cloudy skies Thursday and Friday. Unsettled weather is expected for the weekend with a low-pressure system and cold front producing snow Saturday and snow showers Sunday.

Daily Weather Summary

Tuesday, February 7 — High: 5 degrees; low: 0 degrees.

Increasing clouds in the morning and afternoon, then overcast in the evening with an 80 percent chance for snow overnight. East winds 0-5 mph early increase to around 10 mph overnight.

Wednesday, February 8 — High: 28 degrees; low: 5 degrees.

Cloudy with an 80 percent chance for snow tapering to snow showers in the afternoon. Overnight, partial clearing with a 20 percent chance for snow showers. Southerly winds around 10 mph become westerly 8-14 mph.

Thursday, February 9 — High: 15 degrees; low: -10 degrees.

Partly clear and cold with snow showers ending in the morning. Light west winds.

Friday, February 10 — High: 13 degrees; low:  0 degrees.

Partly cloudy and cold with light west winds.

Saturday, February 11 — High: 25 degrees; low:  6 degrees.

Partly clear in the morning then mostly cloudy in the evening with a 30 percent chance for snow decreasing to a 20 percent chance for snow showers overnight. Light southwest winds.

Sunday, February 12 — High: 23 degrees; low: 15 degrees.

Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance for snow showers. Light northwest winds become northeasterly.

Note: Computer model precision diminishes the further into the week the forecast projects. Check the Fiddlehead Focus for weather updates with more current information.

The Week Ahead is the work of UMFK Professor Joseph E. Becker based on personal weather station data, various computer forecast models, and information that the National Weather Service, NOAA, and other weather resources provide.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.