Maine State Police Troop F report: August 7 – 14, 2016
AROOSTOOK COUNTY — Editor’s Note: An arrest or summons does not constitute a finding of guilt. An individual charged with a crime is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty at criminal proceedings. The Maine State Police Troop F barracks in Houlton responded to 133 calls for service from Sunday, August 7 to Sunday, August 14. The following incidents were among those addressed:
Monday, August 8
– Tr. Curtin took the report of a stolen dirt bike in Allagash. The motorcycle was recovered days later and the theft investigation is ongoing.
Tuesday, August 9
– A 46-year-old male came into the Emergency Dept. of Houlton Regional Hospital that was alleging to have been beaten up by a 28-year-old man in Amity. HRH called and reported the assault to the State Police. Tr. Sucy was assigned to the assault case and interviewed both men and a witness. The investigation revealed that both men were mutual combatants and refused to press charges against the other if it meant that they would also be charged. No charges were filed.
Thursday, August 11
– Tr. Sylvia investigated a report of an underage drinking party in Littleton. Four juveniles were located as well as two youths over 18. Parents were called to come and get some of the youths. No evidence of underage drinking was found, but it did appear that some youths ran away before police arrived.
– Tr. Endre received the report of a stolen rifle. The firearm was reported to be taken from a motor vehicle on a Masardis logging road and the investigation is ongoing.
Friday, August 12
– Tr. Curtin stopped a vehicle in Frenchville for a registration violation. The female operator had a revoked license and was drinking from an open container of alcohol. She was charged with operating after habitual offender status, violation of bail, and possession of an open alcoholic container. The woman’s right to operate was revoked for three OUI convictions from 2015.
– Tr. Casavant arrested Willis Nason, 47, of Hodgdon on an indictment warrant for possession of sexually explicit material of minors under 12. Nason had been indicted on August 4, 2016 by the Aroostook County District Attorney’s Office after an investigation by the Department of Homeland Security Investigation. Nason was arrested without incident and later made bail after being processed. Trooper Casavant was assisted by Agents from the Department of Homeland Security.
Saturday, August 13
– Tr. Endre was called to a church in Littleton for a woman who would not leave the property. The officer located the female within her vehicle; she told him that she had stopped at the church so she could sleep because she didn’t feel comfortable driving home. After an investigation, the 52-year-old female operator was arrested for operating under the influence of alcohol and transported to the Aroostook County Jail.
Sunday, August 14
– Tr. Sucy was called to a residence in Crystal for a female that had trespassed into a residence. While en-route to the residence, the officer learned that the female had an active arrest warrant. Tr. Sucy arrived and was told that the female had run into the woods. He located the female hiding in the woods and placed her under arrest. The woman was visiting with the caller’s son and there was not a trespass issue. Tr. Sucy transported the female to the Aroostook County Jail.