Maine State Police Troop F report for July 4 – 10, 2016
AROOSTOOK COUNTY – The Maine State Police Troop F barracks in Houlton responded to the following incidents from July 4 to 10, 2016.
(Editor’s Note: An arrest or summons does not constitute a finding of guilt. An individual charged with a crime is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty at criminal proceedings.)
Monday, July 4
– Tr. Endre and Recruit Adams were called to the Port of Entry in Houlton where U.S Customs were detaining an individual who had warrants out of New Jersey for intimidation. After the RCC contacted the New Jersey agency and made sure that New Jersey would extradite the individual, Tr. Endre and Recruit Adams arrested the male subject for being a fugitive of justice and transported him to the Aroostook County Jail.
Wednesday, July 6
– Tr. Curtin investigated an assault complaint in Frenchville. Two neighbors argued over firecrackers being set off by one of them. At one point, after taunting from both sides, one neighbor went over to the other’s property. The argument escalated into one of the men being struck in the face. Both males alleged that the other was the instigator in the physical confrontation. Each side had witnesses that claimed to support their versions. The incident was forwarded to the district attorney’s office for review, and no charges were approved.
Thursday, July 7
– Tr. Saucier began an investigation into a bad check complaint in Mount Chase. A local business contacted Tr. Saucier and requested his assistance.
Friday, July 8
– Cpl. Quint investigated a trespassing complaint in Littleton. The man making the complaint stated he is renting the property and knows the homeowner does not want people fishing in the stream that runs through the property. The man stated he confronted two fishermen and they threatened him. Cpl. Quint spoke with the two fishermen and they stated they had fished there for over 40 years and have the landowner’s permission. This was also confirmed with the landowner. The complainant stated he also felt threatened because the man reached behind him to pull what he suspected was a weapon but never observed anything. There were no weapons involved in this incident. The complainant recorded the incident so he could post it to YouTube.
– Tr. Luce and Recruit Desrosier arrested a woman for OUI after she wrecked her vehicle on the Cottage Road in Portage. The woman went off the road and left the scene. Tr. Luce and Recruit Desrosier located the woman at her boyfriend’s residence nearby.
Saturday, July 9
– Tr. Luce arrested a woman for OUI after she wrecked her car on the Sly Brook Road in Wallagrass. The woman went off the road into some trees and told Tr. Luce she was trying to avoid a moose. After an investigation Tr. Luce arrested the woman for OUI.